Wednesday 1 December 2010

Genre Research

It was made a little easier for me to do my genre research as we were given the 'Thriller' genre to make our title opening sequence about. So it saved for going all through the many different genres and choosing the best/most interesting genre. So all I had to research was the 'thriller' genre. I felt the best way for me to do this was to analyse a few thriller title opening sequences. I think this will help me to make decisions on my own title opening sequence. 

As I am making a title opening sequence I feel that I have to research Saul Bass and some of his work. Bass was known as the godfather of title opening sequences and I feel I can learn so much from his inspirational work. Also I feel that I should do some research about Alfred Hitchcock. Hitchcock is a master at making thriller films and I therefore feel I will be able to get some great tips from him and his work.

Finally as we are making a clown based thriller I feel it is important for me to research and analyse another clown based thrillers. The only film that comes close to what we are looking for is 'IT'. Therefore I shall be analyzing the title opening sequence for this film and I shall be taking tips from it to help make my own Clown based title opening sequence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment