Wednesday 5 January 2011

Evaluation- Question 7


Looking back at your preliminary taks, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression form it to the full product?

As this year was my first year at studying media, I went into the year not knowing anything. I was looking forward to starting it as it was something very new to me and I was ready for the challenge. Firstly I had to do a preliminary task, I felt like a goldfish in the sea. I got totally lost but once I got my head down I started getting it. It felt like my had to learn so much, we had to learn all different shot types and angles, the 180 degree, using the camera properly and even editing. It took us about 3 times to film our preliminary task, so it took us longer than we wanted. We also went with the flow too much, it wasn’t very organised and this is something I knew we would have to change with our actual filming. 

I feel that the preliminary task helped me so much with the filming of our title opening sequence. I think the preliminary task taught me all the basics and I had to expand on them for my actual title opening sequence. Some things we done in our final Title Opening sequence which we didn't do in our preliminary task was:

  • We started it off with our titles name instead of just starting it of at a random scene.
This picture is the start of our prelim task. As you can see it doesn't look professional at all, it doesnt look right at all.


The next picture is off how we started our Title Opening Sequence, I think this looks a lot more realistic. Also we made up our own writing for it and we are the only group in the whole world to have the same writing.



  • We made up our own writing to put in our title opening sequence whereas in our prelim task we didn't put any writing in it.
The picture below is of the writing which we put in our title opeing sequence.



  • We had some great transactions in our title opening sequence which was well thought out and flowed really nicely. With our prelim task we put transactions in it but they didn't really make sense with the storyline.

  • We made sure that the music we used went with the storyline and made the whole atmosphere more tense. With our prelim task the music wasn't really thought about it was just chucked into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment